- Manager's Messages
- How to Recycle your Christmas Tree
How to Recycle your Christmas Tree
Posted By bshelton on January 6, 2020
Happy Holidays! There are four options to recycle your tree in West Sacramento listed below. Please remove the tinsel, lights, stand and ornaments before recycling your tree.
- Recycle your tree curbside by placing it next to your organics cart on the regular service day starting December 26th through January 22nd. Trees must be cut into lengths no longer than 5 feet. You may also cut your tree into smaller sections and place the pieces inside your organics cart.
- Have the Cub Scouts recycle it for you! Pack 49 is offering pickup services for donations starting December 28th through January 5th. To schedule a pickup, please email Pack49Trees@gmail.com with your name, address and preferred pickup date & time.
- Take it to the Yolo County Central Landfill for free tree recycling daily starting December 26th through January 15th, excluding New Year’s Day when the landfill is closed.
- Drop it off at Waste Management‘s free Christmas Tree recycling bin located on the vacant lot at 1731 and 1801 West Capitol Ave, daily from 7am to 3pm, December 26th through January 9th, excluding New Year’s Day.