The City of West Sacramento is currently under a Stage 1 Water Shortage
Posted By bshelton on May 24, 2022
Please see the below recommendations for details on helpful actions.
- Take a look at your current sprinkler schedule. Consider removing one or two days; and make sure the runtimes are less than 15 minutes per start, for lawns. If you want more time, use the cycle-and-soak method of adding a start time. Too much water at once creates runoff.
- Schedule your irrigation for the early morning to reduce evaporation
- Prevent landscape watering during rainfall
- Fix leaks and faulty sprinklers promptly
- Sweep your sidewalks and driveways instead of using a hose
- Check your toilet for a leak. This may seem small, but toilet leaks can add up!
- Wash only full loads of clothes
- Use the dishwasher only after it is full
- Water fountains must have a recirculating pump, and be leak-proof