Posted By bshelton on December 2, 2022
The West Sacramento Fire Department, in conjunction with the West Sacramento Firefighters’ Association, is preparing for the annual “Santa Run” through West Sacramento. With the help of many off-duty firefighter “elves,” Santa will be riding through various neighborhoods on an elaborately decorated fire truck “sleigh” and handing out candy canes purchased and donated by the West Sacramento Firefighters’ Association. Additionally, Santa will have a pickup truck following his “sleigh” with helpers collecting any canned food donations for the needy.
This year the Santa Run is scheduled for six nights beginning at 6:00 PM each night. If it rains on a scheduled night they will try to make it up the next week. Santa will be in the following areas on these dates:
• Monday, December 5th Broderick and Bryte area, on the following streets: Fremont, Douglas, Andrew, Sixth, Cummins, Anna, Kegle, Carrie, Lisbon, North Hobson, and Fourness.
• Tuesday, December 6th North Business 80, on the following streets: Pine, Palomar, Marigold, Doran, Garnet, Greenmeadow, Evergreen, Sycamore, Buckeye, Poplar, Willow, Madrone, Rockrose, Westacre, Chaparral, Lilac, Michigan, Maple, Walnut, and Holly
• Wednesday, December 7th Old West Sacramento, on the following streets: Deerwood, Lakewood, Fernwood, Sonora, Haverhill, Meadow, Webster, Virginia, Alabama, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland.
• Thursday, December 8th Southport South West, on the following streets: Independence, Lagoon, Meadowlark, Starling, Sandpiper, Pheasant Hollow, Duet, Constitution, Summerfield, Jacquelyn, Janet, Betty, Shirley, Leslie, Diane, Brenda, Kathy, Nancy, Violet, Mareca, Teal, Canvasback, Pitzer, and Allen.
• Friday, December 9th Southport North East, on the following streets: Kinsington, Aster, Manchester, Gateway, Sausalito, Sansome, Hearst, Randolph, Mojave, Merced, Rubicon, Ironwood, Spruce, Redwood, Alder, Limewood, Almond, Peppertree, Peachtree.
• Monday, December 12th Southport West (Bridgeway Island), on the following streets: Cayman Island, St. John, Martinique, St. Croix, Haiti, Swan Island, Suisun Bay, Ryer Island, Catalina Island, Santa Cruz, Half Moon Bay, Cooper Island, Fiji Island, Bowen Island, Solomon Island, Stuart Island, Graham Island, San Salvador, Abaco, Bridgeway Lakes, Henshaw, Eagle, Lewiston, Tahoe, and Coyote.
Please understand that Santa cannot get to every street. Santa’s route will not include trailer parks, courts or dead-end streets. For further information, please call (916) 617-4600.