The Election Results are in! As many of you are aware, The Rivers Community Association held the 3rd Charter Amendment and Annual Director Election on, August 29, 2019.
The 3rd Charter Amendment PASSED!
Your new Board of Directors are as follows:
President, David Reade
Vice President, Kyle Masters
Treasurer, Sharon Buckenmeyer
Secretary, Suzanne Sanders
Director, Julieann Martin
Thank you to all who participated during this election process!
2019 Pool Season
Summer is fast approaching, and everyone is already thinking about the pool opening at The Rivers! This year, our Pool Season opening day is Saturday, May 25th. The pool will be open 7 days a week through September 8th. Pool hours are 1:00–9:00 p.m. every day (Mon–Sun) (Pool Slide hours differ; see below). The summer pool season will be extended this year with limited use: The pool will be open weekends only September 14, 15, 21, and 22 from 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
2019 Pool Slide Schedule
The pool slide will be open May 25th through September 8, 2019 on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays only during the following hours and with these exceptions:
· Friday: Pool slide is open from 4:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· Saturday and Sunday: Pool slide is open from 1:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· Holiday Schedule:
· Monday, May 27th: Pool slide is open from 1:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· Tuesday, July 4th: Pool slide is open from 1:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· Monday, September 2nd: Pool slide is open from 1:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· Extended Summer Season Hours for September, 2019: Slide will be open weekends only September 14, 15, 21, and 22 from 1:30 p.m. –8:30 p.m.The last day of the Summer Pool Season is Sunday, September 22, 2019.
Now enrolling gardeners!
If you would like to get involved and learn more about how you can have a garden plot, please attend our first community meeting. All are welcome!
When: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 from 6-7pm
Where: The Rivers Community Clubhouse
808 Lighthouse Drive
West Sacramento, CA 95605
About the garden: The International Rescue Committee operates this new community garden as part of its mission to resettle and integrate international refugees in the United States. A community garden can serve as a therapeutic space for people to work with their hands and bodies, talk and meet with people, and learn new skills. It also provides gardeners an opportunity to grow their own produce, flowers, medicine, etc.
By offering garden plots to both IRC clients and West Sacramento community members, the IRC hopes that the Kuchenu Community Garden can provide these benefits to all.
For more information: Please e-mail Laura.Reynolds@rescue.org with any questions.
West Sacramento has 4 options for Christmas Tree Recycling!
- Recycle your tree curbside by placing it next to your organics cart on the regular service day, December 26th through January 22nd. Trees must be cut into lengths no longer than 5 feet. You may also cut your tree into smaller sections and place the pieces inside your organics cart.
- Have the Cub Scouts recycle it for you. Pack 49 is offering pickup services for donations, December 29th through January 5th. To schedule, email: Pack49Trees@gmail.com with your name, address and preferred pick-up date & time.
- Take it to the Yolo County Central Landfill for free tree recycling daily, December 26th through January 15th, excluding New Year’s Day when the landfill is closed.
- Drop it off at Waste Management ‘s free Christmas Tree recycling bin located on the vacant lot at 1731 and 1801 W Capitol Ave, daily from 7am to 3pm, December 26th through January 9th, excluding New Year’s Day.
Please remove any tinsel, lights, stand and ornaments before recycling your tree. For more information please visit www.cityofwestsacramento.org.