We would like to remind all residents
not to put piles of leaves in the street, but instead use your Organics Cart to
dispose of the leaf piles. Leaf piles can cause street flooding and create
hazardous road obstructions.
The City of West Sacramento has these few recommendations to help dispose of those extra leaves:
- Place leaves in your organics cart.
- Leaves that are in your organic carts are not to be bagged.
- During leaf drop season (November 1st to January 31st) extra leaves may be placed next to your full organics cart in bags weighing no more than 50 pounds each.
Please do not place piles of leaves in front of your house on the street. They won’t be picked up. We appreciate everyone’s effort to help address this matter.
Effective immediately the original access road to the clubbhouse on Lighthouse Drive has been removed. Moving forward all residents who wish to access the clubhouse will need to enter through the new road, White Water Way, installed off of Fountain Drive near The Regatta Association.
Happy Holidays! There are four options to recycle your tree in West Sacramento listed below. Please remove the tinsel, lights, stand and ornaments before recycling your tree.
- Recycle your tree curbside by placing it next to your organics cart on the regular service day starting December 26th through January 22nd. Trees must be cut into lengths no longer than 5 feet. You may also cut your tree into smaller sections and place the pieces inside your organics cart.
- Have the Cub Scouts recycle it for you! Pack 49 is offering pickup services for donations starting December 28th through January 5th. To schedule a pickup, please email Pack49Trees@gmail.com with your name, address and preferred pickup date & time.
- Take it to the Yolo County Central Landfill for free tree recycling daily starting December 26th through January 15th, excluding New Year’s Day when the landfill is closed.
- Drop it off at Waste Management‘s free Christmas Tree recycling bin located on the vacant lot at 1731 and 1801 West Capitol Ave, daily from 7am to 3pm, December 26th through January 9th, excluding New Year’s Day.